Cerner Millennium PowerChart Systems Specialist (Direct Hire)
United States, USA | Implementation
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, a Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting firm, is seeking a talented Cerner Millennium PowerChart Systems Specialist (Direct Hire) for one of our valued clients, joining their team as a full-time employee (FTE) in support of their Healthcare Information System(s) initiatives.
Cerner Millennium PowerChart Systems Specialist (Direct Hire) is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- Minimum of 2 years’ design, build and test / maintenance experience with Cerner Millennium PowerChart and Clinical Documentation
- Expert knowledge of Cerner Millennium PowerChart, and Clinical Documentation
- Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle
- Project management and project management software skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organization skills with the ability to complete projects on time
Additionally, the Cerner Millennium PowerChart Systems Specialist (Direct Hire) should have experience in the following:
- Experience in the use of client server clinical systems is preferred
- Applications programming experience is a plus.
Required Degrees or Certifications:
- Bachelors of Science degree in business administration, healthcare administration, information systems, computer science or other healthcare related bachelors’ degree or higher is required
Cerner Millennium PowerChart Systems Specialist (Direct Hire) will be responsible for the build and maintenance of Cerner Millennium PowerChart functionality. Responsibilities include:
- Cerner Millennium PowerChart design, build/test and document application changes
- Perform Routine PowerChart Maintenance
- Consult with end users on PowerChart design and build changes
- Test software to specifications
- Assist in the training and mentoring of less experienced colleagues
- Document and report project activity (status reports) to leadership
- Learn additional, new clinical applications as required, overseeing the completion of tasks related to clinical system functionality
- Attend applicable clinical application classes
- Resolve end-user calls, determining the appropriate action through thorough investigation and analysis of the reported HW and SW issues
- Identify, initiate, analyze, track and report on projects and project issues.
- Assist senior management in the implementation of Cerner system upgrades
- Assist with development of documentation specific to interface and conversion specifications
- Act as liaison between departments and IT as required
- Schedule and facilitate select meetings with end-users to ensure effective communications.
- Conduct workflow sessions as deemed necessary
- Demonstrate system to end-users and other key stakeholders
- Perform system adaptations and modifications according to the prepared specifications
- Function as a project implementation manager for clinical system related projects
- Assist in the creation of education and training materials
- Refine sample test plans for conversion, interfaces and applications
- Assist in the development of integration testing scripts and live event plan.
- Provide pre and post Go-Live Cerner application support
- Maintain tables, files, profiles, and code sets
- Maintain historical records by documenting all system changes and revisions
- Provide after-hours support of clinical applications (if necessary)
- Work directly with clinical and non-clinical users on new processes, projects, system enhancements and training needs as required
This position is a Direct Hire opportunity only, requiring the selected candidate to join our client hospital / health system as an FTE on a permanent basis.
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) Staffing and Consulting firm specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Revenue Cycle, Regulatory Requirements, Legacy Support, and Go-Live initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across North America. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Cerner, Infor, Kronos, MEDITECH is built on 15+ years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. We also provide additional value-added services for contract-to-hire and direct hire requisitions as well. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!