IT Clinical Analyst (Direct Hire)
United States, USA | Implementation
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, a Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting firm, is seeking a talented IT Clinical Analyst (Direct Hire) for one of our valued clients, joining their team as a full-time employee (FTE) in support of their Healthcare Information System(s) initiatives.
IT Clinical Analyst (Direct Hire) is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- Bachelor’ s degree plus 5 years of relevant experience
- BSN with a current license in the state of Missouri preferred
- Direct experience with the use and support of a Healthcare System. (Siemens or Cerner systems experience desired)
- Minimum of 3 years clinical information systems experience implementing and supporting clinical computerized applications
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a healthcare environment
- Experience with formal project management practices
- Knowledge and experience with industry standard report writers such as SQL Reporting Services or Crystal Reports to produce and maintain custom reports.
- design and build experience with Cerner orders, forms, Mpages, and rules.
Additionally, the IT Clinical Analyst (Direct Hire) should have experience in the following:
- Ability to attend and participate in Clinical/Nursing meetings
- Ability to work with and interact with external entities, such as TJC, CMS, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven team leadership desired
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
Responsibilities for the selected IT Clinical Analyst (Direct Hire) include:
- Provide analytical guidance and support for health information systems ensuring deployed systems are functioning as designed and are consistent with organizational and departmental strategies. The Analyst is responsible for managing customer expectations to ensure they are aligned with established service level agreements.
- Serve as subject matter expert in one or more specific areas, architecting and providing solutions to improve productivity or patient care.
- Perform troubleshooting for high complex systems with multiple modules or applications and overseeing implementation health information systems for nursing, physicians and clinical departments.
- Provide support in the selection, installation, configuration, conversion, implementation and ongoing utilization of Health Information Systems
- Provide training to clinical staff, assists in the implementation and testing of various clinical software and system updates in a multi-facility environment
- Partner with end users to understand workflow and processes
- Leads unit and integrated testing of the software to ensure that the design objectives are met, including the development and validation of testing scripts. Maintains and utilizes a high degree of understanding of clinical departments’ business processes
- Analyze user needs, requirements, procedures and problems relevant to assigned information systems and recommends solutions to improve processes and/or patient care.
- Develop automated processing to improve functionality of the primary and associated clinical systems
- Evaluate, design, develop, implement and maintain the features or functions of new or existing systems
- Serve as lead on assigned projects on all phases of a project; from scoping and design through implementation and transition to operations including updates to documentation in accordance to department standards
- Facilitate design of clinical workflow in conjunction with the clinicians and provides guidance to Clinical Analysts in designing improved efficiencies, solving complex workflow issues and incorporating quality initiatives
- Troubleshoot application or hardware issues to resolution
- Utilize data extract tools and scripting methods to import/export data and to design, test, and implement processes for bulk record add, update or delete as required to support application
- Perform necessary data manipulation/format modification of source data to achieve optimal uniformly for data comparison, conversion and standardization across source data systems and interfaces
- Ensure system security is maintained for assigned applications
- Mentors Analysts
- Provides input to components of development of end-user training materials and participates in training efforts
- Assists other team members in ensuring good documentation standards
- Leads escalation of issues with appropriate internal resources, to resolution
- Develop policies and procedures in collaboration with users/clinicians, other analyst team members, and IT Clinical team manager
- Independently leads application upgrades and troubleshooting efforts and provides guidance to more junior level analysts
- Support and troubleshoots Hospital Information Systems interfaces
- Evaluate and maintains appropriate system documentation
- Collaborate with other clinical and application analysts to insure system integrations
- Maintain appropriate system documentation in accordance to department standards
- Perform after hour and on-call support as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position is a Direct Hire opportunity only, requiring the selected candidate to join our client hospital / health system as an FTE on a permanent basis.
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) Staffing and Consulting firm specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Revenue Cycle, Regulatory Requirements, Legacy Support, and Go-Live initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across North America. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Cerner, Infor, Kronos, MEDITECH is built on 15+ years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. We also provide additional value-added services for contract-to-hire and direct hire requisitions as well. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!