IT Manager Technical Services (Direct Hire)
United States, USA | Implementation
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, a Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting firm, is seeking a talented IT Manager Technical Services (Direct Hire) for one of our valued clients, joining their team as a full-time employee (FTE) in support of their Healthcare Information System(s) initiatives.
IT Manager Technical Services (Direct Hire) is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- Bachelor' s degree with 8 or more years of experience with multiple technologies including but not limited to Cisco, EMC and Microsoft.
- Extensive knowledge of Operating Systems (Microsoft), applications and related software.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise disaster recovery and continuity is required.
- 5 years or more of experience serving in a management capacity in a healthcare setting.
- Must possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Position may occasionally require work hours above 40 hrs. per week or 8 hrs. per day
- Position has mandatory on-call support coverage as necessary
Additionally, the IT Manager Technical Services should have experience in the following:
- Experience in the following is highly desirable:
- Cisco Routing, voice/data communications, network architecture
- Network services (DNS, DHCP
- Cyber Security, monitoring, alerting and prevention
- Experience in a hospital setting is preferred.
Responsibilities for the selected IT Manager Technical Services include:
- Serve as the Infrastructure and Technical Services leader
- Manage network, service desk and desktop support staff
- Coordinate organizational-wide testing and implementation of software releases, operating system upgrades, and patches
- Develop strategies for training and implementing tools for all related systems
- Be an advocate for standardization, utilization, optimization, change control, disaster recovery/continuity, technology governance and use of best practices
- Ensure continuity and alignment of the organization’ s technology infrastructure
- Participate and manage the architecting of the IT physical plant (Data Center, Wiring Closets, and Co-locations) infrastructure and stabilization
- Participate and manage the development of all related systems and services documentation, guidelines, procedures, and standards
- Stay abreast of latest hardware and systems available to ensure service levels proactively meet or exceed department requirements and service level agreements with key stakeholders and vendors
- Manage all networking systems and projects including voice/data circuit installation and operation, QoS initiatives, monitoring and alerting and timely problem resolution
- Align IT strategy, services, and coordinate implementation activities with key stakeholders and executive leadership teams
- Responsible for personnel management including:
- Performance reviews
- Competency development
- Coaching of staff
- Builds and maintains relationships with business operations, network and desktop support staff, IT staff, and vendors
- Select and implement software and hardware diagnostic tools
- Manage the development of:
- Network diagrams
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Work flows
- Lead analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of infrastructure systems and desktop applications
- Manages the design and management of corporate wireless infrastructure available as both private and public (guest) networks
- Manages proactive monitoring and maintenance of all infrastructure systems and services
- Reviews all required IS audits to ensure SLAs are sustained, systems are optimized.
- Insures network security through the proper application of:
- Intrusion or exploit detection and prevention tools / protocols
- Establishes and manages internal service level agreements in coordination with IT department standards
- Ensures external service level agreements with vendors are met
- Assists in the development of the budget and develops project cost estimates
- Ensures that service resources are assigned for the timely resolution of network and end user desktop incidents and requests
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and all IT Staff in managing resolution of all application incidents and requests ensuring tickets are entered and documentation is adequately recorded
- Creates an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolutions, cross-training, and process improvement within the area and across organizational boundaries
- Grows the support capabilities for infrastructure systems and end user support throughout the organization
- Works with all IT department staff to plan for standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related to clinical application systems
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with outside vendors, professional organizations, contract employees, co-ops, external auditors, and consultants
- Builds strong relationships with all user groups, managers and directors
- Supervises assigned staff
This position is a Direct Hire opportunity only, requiring the selected candidate to join our client hospital / health system as an FTE on a permanent basis.
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) Staffing and Consulting firm specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Revenue Cycle, Regulatory Requirements, Legacy Support, and Go-Live initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across North America. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Cerner, Infor, Kronos, MEDITECH is built on 15+ years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. We also provide additional value-added services for contract-to-hire and direct hire requisitions as well. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!