Clinical Documentation Management Specialist (CDIS) Direct Hire
United States, USA | Direct Hire
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, a Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting firm, is seeking a talented Clinical Documentation Management Specialist (CDIS) Direct Hire for one of our valued clients, joining their team as a full-time employee (FTE).
The Clinical Documentation Management Specialist (Direct Hire) is desired to possess the following experience:
- Must possess at least five years of acute hospital nursing experience (e.g. medical/surgical unit, intensive care).
- Experience in Utilization Management/Case Management, Critical Care, patient outcomes/quality management and/or inpatient coding considered a plus
- ICU/Critical Care experience strongly desired
- Prior experience in clinical documentation improvement, ICD coding and MS-DRGs preferred
- Prior experience educating physicians/providers preferred
- Previous experience working in a clinical documentation improvement department or as a consultant strongly encouraged
- Minimum of one-year auditing experience preferred
- This individual must possess a comprehensive knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes and clinical competency
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to integrate knowledge is necessary.
- Must exhibit the ability to educate members of the healthcare team about clinical documentation
- Individual must demonstrate data quality and integrity skills
- Successful candidates will have working knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and reporting software.
- Preferred experience with EMR software, encoder software and clinical documentation improvement software
- Ability to communicate effectively at a high level is required
- Prioritization and organizational skills required
Responsibilities for the selected Clinical Documentation Management Specialist (Direct Hire) include:
- Implements clinical documentation improvement (CDI) activities in an effort to support accuracy and quality of the patient records at CHS facilities and to ensure that coded diagnoses are an accurate reflection of the patient’ s clinical status and care.
- The role of the CDI specialist involves reviewing the medical record documentation and clinical indicators and working with providers to ensure a complete and accurate medical record.
- An accurate medical record is important for the patient, for continuity of care by the next provider, and to demonstrate high quality care by the physician and the hospital
- The CDI Specialist will identify potential gaps in clinical documentation for inpatient and payer populations as directed throughout the hospitalization. He/she will also educate physicians and key healthcare providers regarding clinical documentation improvement and the need for accurate and complete documentation in the health record
- At least one of the following is required: ADN, BSN, or MSN is required.
This position is a Direct Hire opportunity only, requiring the selected candidate to join our client hospital / health system as an FTE on a permanent basis.
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) Staffing and Consulting firm specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Revenue Cycle, Regulatory Requirements, Legacy Support, and Go-Live initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across North America. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Cerner, Infor, Kronos, MEDITECH is built on 15+ years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. We also provide additional value-added services for contract-to-hire and direct hire requisitions as well. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!