Epic Cadence/Grand Central Analyst
7600 West 110th Street United States, USA
Morgan Hunter Healthcare is seeking a talented Epic Cadence/Grand Central Analyst to join our team. Primary responsibilities include assisting our clients in support of their Health Information System(s) projects.
Epic Cadence/Grand Central Analyst is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- 5 years’ experience minimum
- Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system.
- Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development
- Apply application/system, business and workflow knowledge to collaborate with customers to develop requirements to create technology solutions to meet the business needs
- Using expert knowledge of technologies and business processes provide in depth analysis of application/system and develop solutions to meet business/customer requirements, compare and evaluate options and recommend a course of action
- Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate
- Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as, troubleshooting.
- Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
- Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports
- Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
- Complete necessary internal reporting and reports status to management
- Complete any other applicable requests from management
Additionally, the Epic Cadence/Grand Central Analyst should have experience in the following:
- Epic Cadence/Grand Central technical build experience or certification (preferred)
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively on and lead cross-functional teams
- Ability to successfully communicate technical information to non-technical audience
- Expert level knowledge of technologies used in this position
- Able to communicate and translate complex technical terms into understandable simple terms for all customer groups
- Must be able to work independently and in a team setting, possess good verbal, written & customer service skills
- Uses logic and methods to problem solve
- Utilizes effective analytical and troubleshooting skills with minimum to moderate assistance
This is a 4-6-week engagement requiring the first week on-site then will switch to remote work for the duration of the project.
Morgan Hunter Healthcare offers a very attractive compensation package and a full array of benefits (certain eligibility rules apply):
- Weekly Pay and Reimbursement
- Quarterly and Holiday Bonus Programs
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Health/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a nationwide Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) consulting organization specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Meaningful Use, Legacy Support, Revenue Cycle, and Go-Live/Activation initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Allscripts, Cerner, CPSI, Epic, Infor, Kronos, McKesson, MEDITECH, and Siemens is built on nearly 15 years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!