HIM Application Analyst (Contract to Hire)
United States, USA | Direct Hire
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, a Healthcare IT Staffing and Consulting firm, is seeking a talented HIM Application Analyst (Contract to Hire) for one of our valued clients, joining their team as a full-time employee (FTE) in support of their Healthcare Information System(s) initiatives.
HIM Application Analyst (Contract to Hire) is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Information Systems supporting applications in a health care setting.
- Significant experience implementing, integrating and supporting in-house and ancillary applications.
- Excellent project management and vendor management skills.
- Participates in and may lead new and upgrade application projects.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Analyst is responsible to document, test, communicate and resolve identified problems.
- Knowledgeable of current application information technologies and trends in health care.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additionally, the HIM Application Analyst (Contract to Hire) should have experience in the following:
- Cerner Health Information Management module, Meditech Abstracting (ABS) and other applications to include: 3M coding and reimbursement systems, Optum360 Computer Assisted Coding, document imaging, Nuance, related interfaces, and all other applications under Health Information Management
- Knowledge of the following areas: ROI, Coding, deficiency tracking, chart completion, MRN and account merges, etc.
- Certified in Cerner HIM module
- RHIA, RHIT preferred
- Bachelor’ s degree preferred.
Responsibilities for the selected HIM Application Analyst (Contract to Direct Hire) include:
- Working closely with the IT and HIM management, other application analysts and departmental staff in building stable and secure integrated system solutions, providing ongoing maintenance and support of these systems, and evaluating and deploying emergent and new technologies.
- Being a liaison between technical staff and the HIM department
- Responsible for the understanding of HIM functions due to their responsibility for providing support for Cerner Health Information Management module, Meditech Abstracting (ABS) and other applications to include: 3M coding and reimbursement systems, Optum360 Computer Assisted Coding, document imaging, Nuance, related interfaces, and all other applications under Health Information Management. The analyst is responsible for identifying and resolving errors, implementing software upgrades, enhancements and ensuring daily or periodic applications tasks are performed.
- Coordinating necessary resources or personnel (user departments, vendor personnel, I/S programming or technical staff, consultants, physicians and other affiliated personnel) to ensure that supported systems operate smoothly and effectively
- Input into strategic planning for his/her areas of responsibility
- Complete all upgrades and updates: Application upgrades; CPT, ICD-10 code
This position is a Contract to Hire opportunity only, requiring the selected candidate to join our client hospital / health system as an FTE on a permanent basis after the 6 month contract is complete.
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) Staffing and Consulting firm specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Revenue Cycle, Regulatory Requirements, Legacy Support, and Go-Live initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across North America. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Cerner, Infor, Kronos, MEDITECH is built on 15+ years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. We also provide additional value-added services for contract-to-hire and direct hire requisitions as well. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!