IT System Consultant
1441 North 12th Street United States, USA 85006 | Implementation
Morgan Hunter Healthcare is seeking a talented IT Systems Consultant to join our team. Primary responsibilities include assisting our clients in support of their Health Information System(s) projects.
IT Systems Consultant is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor' s degree related field.
- Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in 6-8 years’ work experience in the field.
- Experience selecting information applications or systems
- Strong decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states.
- Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences.
- Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
- Participating in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company-wide
- Working in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines.
Responsibilities for the selected IT Systems Consultant include:
- This position is a high level strategic contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and is responsible for formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company’ s requirements.
- Acts independently or as leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact-finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems.
- Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications.
- Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding thedesign, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes.
- Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level strategic specifications and documents.
- Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
- Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios.
- Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
- Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves complex project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
- Determines and designs end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
- Provides high level expertise and guidance to the user community and mentors junior members of the department.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each day.
This position requires weekly travel (Monday through Thursday) to our client site for the duration of the project.
Morgan Hunter Healthcare offers a very attractive compensation package and a full array of benefits (certain eligibility rules apply):
- Weekly Pay and Reimbursement
- Quarterly and Holiday Bonus Programs
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Health/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a nationwide Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) consulting organization specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Meaningful Use, Legacy Support, Revenue Cycle, and Go-Live/Activation initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Allscripts, Cerner, CPSI, Epic, Infor, Kronos, McKesson, MEDITECH, and Siemens is built on nearly 15 years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!