IT Systems Consultant
United States, USA
Morgan Hunter Healthcare is recruiting for an IT Systems Consultant with 4+ years' experience. This position is located in Arizona for a 4-6 month term.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is a high level strategic contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes and is responsible for formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company’ s requirements. Acts independently or as leader of a team to provide knowledge, guidance, research and fact finding expertise to define, design and modify specifications and processes of complex information systems. Responsible for establishing system documentation standards and quality assurance methodologies for systems and applications.
- Provides leadership for company staff, information technology staff and various committees guiding the design, implementation and maintenance of complex application and system specifications and processes. Participates and may lead taskforces to plan, implement, and coordinate facility activities to maximize information technology service quality, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Leads a team of information technology professionals, end user customers and vendors to assemble request for information/proposal (RFI/RFP), return on investment (ROI) calculations, capital or operating budgets data or other high level strategic specifications and documents.
- Designs and administers complex standards and policies regarding application and end user customer documentation. Ensures that department and company standards are implemented and consistently adhered to.
- Provides high level expertise to the development of fully integrated testing scenarios. Ensures that the information systems across multiple levels and states and their relationships are considered and are part of the comprehensive testing plans.
- Identifies, investigates, tracks, and resolves complex project, system or application errors ensuring the solution is timely and of acceptable quality.
- Determines and designs end user training and curriculum for applications and systems. Facilitates the initial rollout and ongoing training of the user community.
- Provides high level expertise and guidance to the user community and mentors junior members of the department.
- Maintains current professional and technical knowledge relating to the healthcare industry by attending educational workshops/conferences, establishing personal networks, and/or maintaining relevant certification or licensure as business needs require.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent' s immediate manager.
DIRECTLY REPORTING None
MATRIX OR INDIRECT REPORTING Provides indirect supervision to information technology professionals and customer project team members based on project requirements.
TYPE OF SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES N/A
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY This position has high level responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has decision-making authority for projects and applications and works at peer level across diverse areas and multiple states. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, strategic and planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions company-wide.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENT FACTORS OE - Typical Office Environment: (Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Consultant, Program Manager)
- Requires extensive sitting with periodic standing and walking.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Requires significant use of personal computer, phone and general office equipment.
- Needs adequate visual acuity, ability to grasp and handle objects.
- Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person or on telephone.
- May require off-site travel
- Must possess a strong technical and business knowledge as typically obtained through the completion of a bachelor' s degree related field.
- Must also have in-depth knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in 6-8 years work experience in the field.
- Must demonstrate general knowledge of information technology and healthcare. Needs experience in medium scale project planning and reporting, either individual or team. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and non-technical audiences. Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. Incumbent will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, Inc.(MHHC) is a Healthcare IT consulting company focused only in the Healthcare marketplace. MHHC specializes in full-life-cycle Health Information System project/staff augmentation for healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our focused-based model allows us to quickly deliver what our Clients need while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce the Client’ s investment, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
MHHC is a division of Morgan Hunter Companies. Founded in 1986 and based in Kansas City, Morgan Hunter is a privately-held, debt-free, and locally-owned business comprised of five vertical markets specialized in delivering results. Our “ focused-based” model allows MHHC to deliver what our clients need in a very quick manner, while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce our client’ s investment costs, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
Our ability to assist healthcare systems with the assessment, implementation, project management, integration, customization, and training/mentoring of systems has been a proven solution model that delivers exceptional results. Our experience and Consultants come directly from the healthcare community, most possess clinical expertise that delivers real-life knowledge to our clients.
Providing the right Consultant is more than locating someone with the required skill-set — it’ s about finding someone with specific knowledge of your unique challenges. Whether you require specific EHR vendor consultants (Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH and others), Application Developers, Database Administrators, Healthcare Cybersecurity, Network and Systems Engineers, Program Managers, Revenue Cycle Consultants— we will provide accomplished Consultants who deliver results. Our Consultants blend real-world experience – such as hands-on application use, configuration, conversion, third-party interfaces, administration, and support to achieve the desired business outcomes. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!