Revenue Cycle Systems Analyst (Cerner Patient Accounting Experience Required)
United States, USA
- Bachelor’ s in Computer Sciences/Information Systems/Business major or related field of study or equivalent experience with 3+ years’ direct experience working with large scale enterprise information systems
- 3+ years’ experience designing, implementing, and supporting solutions within at least one or multiple areas of the revenue cycle including patient access, health information management, revenue integrity, patient accounting/billing, and/or finance
- 3+ years’ experience working in a healthcare related field
- Practical experience with project delivery and systems development life cycles
Qualifications ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assists users and IT personnel with training and development of user documentation.
- Develops system design, including functional specifications, and implements strategies based upon the analysis of specific operational needs.
- Evaluates, designs, builds, tests, and implements custom or vendor supplied software and develops system-wide reports to support information management needs.
- Maintains production systems to ensure reliable performance.
- Prepares complete unit, system, and integrated test plans and test methodologies.
- Provides day-to-day operations support to customers as required.
- Coordinates efforts between stakeholders from multiple areas in order to gather requirements, develop technical specifications, and test enhancements and other changes to these systems.
- Identifies data integrity issues and analyzes data and process flows for process improvement opportunities.
- Performs data analysis in order to extract requirements, identify data inaccuracies, and ensure accurate processing and reporting.
- Identifies policies and requirements that drive a specific solution.
- Works effectively on project teams and meets deadlines in accordance to project manager' s expectations.
- Works with stakeholders to build, test and maintain integration points with revenue cycle and clinical solutions.
- Provides ongoing 24x7 application support and troubleshoot problems when they arise.
- Work with all stakeholders to evaluate, approve and deliver requested system changes.
- Implements and follows internal Information Technology break/fix and change management processes.
- Follows MCHS policy and procedures regarding confidentiality and privacy of all related work activity, and in compliance with IT standards and regulatory practice (i.e., HIPAA).
- Master’ s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or Project Management with experience implementing and maintaining complex systems in a healthcare environment is desirable
- 3+ years of Cerner Millenium experience desired
- Prior experience with patient financial services, patient access, and/or health information systems preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage large scale projects and software deliveries
- Ability to work effectively on team projects
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, customer service, communication, and problem solving skills
- Possess meticulous eye for detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of one or more programming languages/reporting systems, including RPG, COBOL, Java, XML, SQL, Crystal Reports, Hyperion, SAS, Cerner CCL
- Knowledge of SQL databases and general knowledge of data structures
- General knowledge of HL7 ADT Transactions
- Solid skills working with PC and multiple software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Visio