Senior Claims IT Software Engineer
525 W Brown Rd United States, USA 85201
Morgan Hunter Healthcare is recruiting for a Senior Claims IT Software Engineer with coding experience. Candidate should have the ability to configure system to support business and regulatory requirements to instruct the system to perform required claims functions. Prefer individual with Healthcare experience along with experience in Cache, Sql and Linux environments.
This position is located in Arizona for a six (6) month temporary term with possible consideration to permanent position.
POSITION: Sr. IT Software Engineer (Claims)
POSITION SUMMARY: Requires specific experience and skills with claims, healthcare, managed care, experience. Candidate will have system configuration experience, Cache Sql and Linus environment experience preferred. The position is a high-level individual contributor with expertise in selected business or healthcare processes who will participate in formulating system scope and objectives relative to the company' s requirements. Will be a team member who provides knowledge, guidance, research and fact-finding expertise to define, design, and code programs within applications and on various hardware platforms.
- Healthcare understanding and experience.
- Creates and installs computer code following established coding standards, configures system to support business and regulatory requirements, to instruct a system to perform a required function by working close with peers and customers. Able to manage projects that have a broad impact on application performance to meet customer needs.
- Tests application programs utilizing available productivity tools following established testing standards.
- Documents programs created using established standards with programs and external documents noting relationships with other programs and applications.
- Works with the customer to research and develop solutions. Designs workflows and specifications for presentation to senior members of the team and customers for feedback and approval.
- Supports and practices established change control standards.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY: This position has responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines. The incumbent has some decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level and can work independently with little or no guidance. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
- General knowledge of healthcare industry.
- Experience with Cache Sql and Linux environments
- Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of programming, configuration and technology as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor' s Degree.
- 3-4 years’ experience with full knowledge of concepts within job function
- Strong working knowledge of a programming language, hardware environment, and use of program logic.
- Needs experience in small scale project planning.
- Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members.
- Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and nontechnical audiences. Able to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, Inc. (MHHC) is a Healthcare IT consulting company focused only in the Healthcare marketplace. MHHC specializes in full-life-cycle Health Information System project/staff augmentation for healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our focused-based model allows us to quickly deliver what our Clients need while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce the Client’ s investment, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
MHHC is a division of Morgan Hunter Companies. Founded in 1986 and based in Kansas City, Morgan Hunter is a privately held, debt-free, and locally owned business comprised of five vertical markets specialized in delivering results. Our “ focused-based” model allows MHHC to deliver what our clients need in a very quick manner, while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce our client’ s investment costs, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
Our ability to assist healthcare systems with the assessment, implementation, project management, integration, customization, and training/mentoring of systems has been a proven solution model that delivers exceptional results. Our experience and Consultants come directly from the healthcare community, most possess clinical expertise that delivers real-life knowledge to our clients.
Providing the right Consultant is more than locating someone with the required skill-set — it’ s about finding someone with specific knowledge of your unique challenges. Whether you require specific EHR vendor consultants (Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH and others), Application Developers, Database Administrators, Healthcare Cybersecurity, Network and Systems Engineers, Program Managers, Revenue Cycle Consultants— we will provide accomplished Consultants who deliver results. Our Consultants blend real-world experience – such as hands-on application use, configuration, conversion, third-party interfaces, administration, and support to achieve the desired business outcomes. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!