Senior IT Healthcare Engineer
1441 North 12th Street United States, USA 85006
Morgan Hunter Healthcare is seeking a talented Sr. IT Software Engineer to join our team. Primary responsibilities include assisting our clients in support of their Health Information System(s) projects.
Sr. IT Software Engineer is required to possess the following technical skills and expertise:
- Must possess strong knowledge of programming and technology as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor' s degree.
- Must also have full knowledge of concepts within job function as would normally be obtained in work experience of 3-4 additional years in the field.
- Strong working knowledge of a programming language, hardware environment, and use of program logic.
- Needs experience in small scale project planning. Successful candidate will have skills to mentor less experienced team members. Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and nontechnical audiences
- Creates and installs computer code following established coding standards to instruct a system to perform a required function by working close with peers and customers. Able to manage projects that have a broad impact on application performance to meet customer needs.
- Tests application programs utilizing available productivity tools following established testing standards.
- Documents programs created using established standards with programs and external documents noting relationships with other programs and applications.
- Works with the customer to research and develop solutions. Designs work flows and specifications for presentation to senior members of the team and customers for feedback and approval.
- Supports and practices established change control standards.
- Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors every day.
- Requires ability to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As I typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Responsibilities for the selected Sr. IT Software Engineer include:
- This position has responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast-paced multi-tasked environment where there may be conflicting priorities or tight deadlines.
- The incumbent has some decision-making authority for projects, coding, and applications and works at peer level and is able to work independently with little or no guidance.
- The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, visioning sessions, planning sessions, implementation activities, and supports functions system wide.
This position requires weekly travel (Monday through Thursday) to our client site for the duration of the project.
Morgan Hunter Healthcare offers a very attractive compensation package and a full array of benefits (certain eligibility rules apply):
- Weekly Pay and Reimbursement
- Quarterly and Holiday Bonus Programs
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and Profit Sharing
- Health/Dental/Disability/Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus Program
Founded in 2002, Morgan Hunter Healthcare is a nationwide Healthcare Information Systems (HIS) consulting organization specializing in System Selection, Assessments, Project Management, Implementation, Optimization, System Integration, Meaningful Use, Legacy Support, Revenue Cycle, and Go-Live/Activation initiatives for hospitals and healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our reputation for providing quality Consultants for various vendor systems such as Allscripts, Cerner, CPSI, Epic, Infor, Kronos, McKesson, MEDITECH, and Siemens is built on nearly 15 years of exceptional results, consistently exceeding our client’ s expectations. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!