Sr. Systems Lab Analyst
United States, USA
The Senior Laboratory Information Systems Analyst provides advance support and configuration for packaged and custom applications.
This position implements and supports technology systems for business applications.
Under minimal supervision the Senior Laboratory Information Systems Analyst will work directly with the Laboratory team, Clinical applications and Clinical Informatics in identifying solutions to complex issues. The Sr. LIS Analyst will manage complex projects analyzing user requirements, develop and implement systems for LIS using Cerner PathNet including Micro, Bloodbank, Genlab and AP. Knowledge of MDI is a plus. The position should be familiar with all aspects of designing and build of lab worflows (Bedrock, DORC, DCPTools, etc.)
In This Position You Will Have The Following Responsibilities
- Uses in-depth information and analysis to understand business issues related to lab issues which are often highly technical and complex in nature.
- Provides implementation expertise for one or more Cerner applications.
- Identify user requirements for complex systems/applications and provide education on system functionality and limitations. Provide efficient, effective use of application resources, and create related documentation as necessary.
- Support and develop business solutions using professional experience and analysis in providing recommendations to meet business requirements. Documents problems and enhancement requests, logs points and works with the Cerner team to resolve issues.
- Designs and builds the application database; develops test scenarios, conducts end user training and cross trains other IS or departmental resources.
- Develops and evaluates requests for project support on application systems with hospital user departments to obtain all requirements for hardware and software that will meet hospital and user department needs.
- Provides written procedures, documentation outlines, and training for use by all Applications and Integration Services staff as required.
- Participates in departmental and hospital performance improvement activities (BPI projects, task forces, etc.) when appropriate.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelors (BA or BS) degree or equivalent blend of education and experience;
- 3-5 years Healthcare IS experience, preferably in laboratory applications or setting
- 3-5 years IS experience supporting LIS and other lab related applications (i.e. Cerner PathNet, Millennium, Cerner Power Note, etc.)
- Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Medical Technologist (MT)
- Medical Lab Technologist (MLT) with 3-5 years Lab experience
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, Inc. (MHHC) is a Healthcare IT consulting company focused only in the Healthcare marketplace. MHHC specializes in full-life-cycle Health Information System project/staff
augmentation for healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our focused-based model allows us to quickly deliver what our Clients need while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce the Client’ s investment, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
MHHC is a division of Morgan Hunter Companies. Founded in 1986 and based in Kansas City, Morgan Hunter is a privately-held, debt-free, and locally-owned business comprised of five vertical markets specialized in delivering results. Our “ focused-based” model allows MHHC to deliver what our clients need in a very quick manner, while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce our client’ s investment costs, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
Our ability to assist healthcare systems with the assessment, implementation, project management, integration, customization, and training/mentoring of systems has been a proven solution model that delivers exceptional results. Our experience and Consultants come directly from the healthcare community, most possess clinical expertise that delivers real-life knowledge to our clients.
Providing the right Consultant is more than locating someone with the required skill-set — it’ s about finding someone with specific knowledge of your unique challenges. Whether you require specific EHR vendor consultants (Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH and others), Application Developers, Database Administrators, Healthcare Cybersecurity, Network and Systems Engineers, Program Managers, Revenue Cycle Consultants— we will provide accomplished Consultants who deliver results. Our Consultants blend real-world experience – such as hands-on application use, configuration, conversion, third-party interfaces, administration, and support to achieve the desired business outcomes. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!