Technical Developer - Cerner Millennium SME
United States, USA
Morgan Hunter Healthcare is recruiting for a Technical Application Developer with extensive understanding and experience with Cerner Millennium. The candidate will be the Cerner Millennium subject matter expert.
Position: Technical Application Developer – Cerner Millennium SME
Position Summary: Function as the Cerner Millennium subject matter expert. Experience with Cerner Millennium, strong understanding of application development and different deployment strategies related to Cerner Millennium. Responsible for supporting development and testing using Cerner CCL, Cerner Discern Rules, Cerner Discern Expert. Familiarity with Smart on FHIR Templates and Data Extracts for Clinical Applications.
This position will onboard new applications using Smart/FHIR technology. Coordinates directly with engineering team from unit testing to final acceptance.
- Experience in application development related to Cerner Millennium database.
- Above-average analytical, conceptual abilities in extracting data from Cerner Millennium database.
- Experience and understanding in building Cerner CCL Reports
- Experience and understanding of Cerner Discern Rules and Discern Expert
- Experience with Smart Templates for Data Extracts from Cerner Millennium for Clinical Applications.
- Understanding and experience using Smart on FHIR technology
- Understanding and experience with Ruby on Rails, MySQL Database web technologies
- Ability to work directly and independently with internal engineers/physicians to identify, analyze custom applications as needed.
Scope and Complexity: This position has responsibility for selected information applications or systems. Work is performed in a fast paced, multi-tasked environment where there may be tight deadlines. The incumbent participates in meetings, presentations, planning session, implementation activity and functions as the Cerner Subject Matter expert.
- Strong knowledge of programming, configuration and technology as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor' s Degree.
- 3-4 years’ experience with full knowledge of concepts within job function
- Strong working knowledge of a programming language, hardware environment, and use of program logic.
- Experience in project planning.
- Successful candidate will have skills to mentor team members.
- Requires communication and presentation skills to engage technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Able to communicate and interact across facilities and at various levels. As is typical in this industry, variable shifts and hours and carrying/responding to a pager may be required.
Morgan Hunter Healthcare, Inc. (MHHC) is a Healthcare IT consulting company focused only in the Healthcare marketplace. MHHC specializes in full-life-cycle Health Information System project/staff augmentation for healthcare systems across the United States and Canada. Our focused-based model allows us to quickly deliver what our Clients need while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce the Client’ s investment, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
MHHC is a division of Morgan Hunter Companies. Founded in 1986 and based in Kansas City, Morgan Hunter is a privately held, debt-free, and locally owned business comprised of five vertical markets specialized in delivering results. Our “ focused-based” model allows MHHC to deliver what our clients need in a very quick manner, while maintaining quality and value-added services to significantly reduce our client’ s investment costs, resulting in an enhanced ROI.
Our ability to assist healthcare systems with the assessment, implementation, project management, integration, customization, and training/mentoring of systems has been a proven solution model that delivers exceptional results. Our experience and Consultants come directly from the healthcare community, most possess clinical expertise that delivers real-life knowledge to our clients.
Providing the right Consultant is more than locating someone with the required skill-set — it’ s about finding someone with specific knowledge of your unique challenges. Whether you require specific EHR vendor consultants (Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH and others), Application Developers, Database Administrators, Healthcare Cybersecurity, Network and Systems Engineers, Program Managers, Revenue Cycle Consultants— we will provide accomplished Consultants who deliver results. Our Consultants blend real-world experience – such as hands-on application use, configuration, conversion, third-party interfaces, administration, and support to achieve the desired business outcomes. Visit mhhealthcare.com today to learn more!